Fit + Fierce is a series of workshops comprised of three components:
- Mind wellness
Our program runs for an entire school year, following participants from September through to June. Our workshops are interactive, engaging and focus on the empowerment and development of girls to become strong in body and mind.
Benefits of our program include:
- Increased desire for self improvement and increased positive identity
- Increased self esteem, confidence and ability
- Improved stamina and strength
- Practical knowledge to develop a healthy attitude and healthy relationship towards nutrition and fitness
- Additional peer and adult support networks
Fitness and nutrition topics include:
- Nutrition information
- Exercise instruction with an emphasis on proper technique
- Group drills/ bootcamp style fitness classes
- Fitness evaluations
- Understanding basic anatomy and muscle movement
Mind wellness objectives:
- Participants will develop a healthy sense of who they are.
- Participants will understand their purpose; what they bring to this world.
- Participants will learn how to connect to others in their life in a meaningful and supportive way. They will learn how they can be spark champions.
- Participants will learn how to look at situations in their lives from different perspectives, and how to align their chosen perspective with their values.
- Participants will learn different ways to get back on track when life feels like it is getting away from them.
- Participants will be provided with tools to navigate through life with confidence and feelings of self worth
Data we have collected (both anecdotal and pre/post assessments) clearly shows the impact the program has had! The change in the participants from September to June is incredible and beyond what we expected. Seeing and hearing the impact has inspired us to expand and continue to try to reach as many youth as possible.